It’s Roald Dahl day! Roald Dahl Day is a holiday which celebrates the birthday of Roald Dahl- probably one of the greatest story tellers of all time. It is celebrated on 13th September, which is his birthday.
Top facts about Roald Dahl
- Roald Dahl was born in Cardiff in 1916 and died in 1990
- He wrote 21 books for children – Could you name them all?
- In the UK alone in 2005, four million paperbacks of Roald Dahl’s titles were sold.
- His favourite colour was yellow, and he adored spiders!
- James and the Giant Peach was nearly called James and the Giant Cherry!
- He used to announce that meals were ready by shouting ‘Nosebags on!’ or ‘Grubs up!’
How you can celebrate Roald Dahl day
- You could read some of his books like The Twits, Fantastic Mr Fox, Danny the Champion of the world and some many more.
- Watch some films which are based off his work such as Charlie and the Chocolate factory.
- Or why not check some of these Roald Dahl themed activities
Passport to Success Activity booklet: