We know it can be hard to stay focussed when learning at home. So we have brought together our favourite tips to help you get the most out of every day and do your best during this time.
Tips for students:
- Get dressed, have breakfast and start your day as you would if you were in school
- Make a schedule and stick to it
- Set yourself some realistic goals on what you wan to achieve each day
- Organise a place to work – whether it is a desk or your dining table
- Keep in touch with your friends and teachers – let them know how you are getting on
- Take regular breaks – 5 minutes every hour if you can and try to get outside for some fresh air once a day.
- Don’t be distracted – make sure others in the house know you are learning.
Tips for parents and carers:
- Create a daily routine that works for you and your child, but make it flexible, don’t put unnecessary pressure on yourself
- Take an interest in your child’s learning. You don’t need to be an expert! Ask them to tell you what they are doing and what they have learnt. If they have siblings, encourage them to talk together, they might even learn something from each other.
- Keep active – getting outside, if you can, is important for your physical and mental wellbeing
- Stay in touch with your school – they are there to help and want to know how your child is doing
- Create a space for your child to do their school work. This doesn’t need to be a desk but somewhere comfortable and free of distractions
If you or your child is struggling with any aspect of remote learning, please speak to your teachers or our friendly Enrichment Team and they will do their best to help you.