Students from across the Trust have with worked with the Birmingham Hippodrome Education Network (HEN) to put together a very special performance video to say thank you to their teachers and everyone who has helped them during the pandemic.
Usually the students would prepare for a HEN Showcase at the end of each year, but this year that has not been possible so a different approach was needed. Each school had five weeks to create a creative response to the HEN celebration song, and sing either all or part of the song. The HEN celebration song was created by Birmingham Hippodrome to help celebrate all those people who have helped the children throughout the pandemic.
Many of the ideas for the performance came from the students themselves, whether that be thinking about dance moves or coming up with freeze frames for words around COVID.
Children who took part from each school were:
- Holyhead Primary Academy: Year 3
- Shireland Technology Primary: AFSC Drama club
- Tameside Primary Academy: Year 6
- Wallbrook Primary Academy: Year 3
- Shireland Collegiate Academy: Year 8 L4L class
- Thorns Collegiate Academy: Year 8 Drama club
- West Bromwich Collegiate Academy: Year 8 Art ambassadors
A big thank you also to Eleanor and Ben, Hippodrome Education Network Learning and Participation Officers, and Emma and Dan from the Trust Passport to Success Team who supported the schools with their performances!
Watch the performance in full: