We need everyone to help us minimise the spread of COVID-19 within and around our schools by understanding the expectations we have.
- Go to school if it is open, you have no COVID-19 symptoms and have not been in contact with a confirmed case.
- Wash hands often and thoroughly throughout the day.
- Maintain 2-metre social distancing where possible.
- In secondary schools, wear a face covering when moving around school buildings, unless exempt under government guidelines.
- Make sure your child goes to school if it is open, they have no COVID-19 symptoms and have not been in contact with a confirmed case.
- Tell your school immediately if your child is experiencing any of the following symptoms of Covid-19:
– A high temperature
– A new, continuous cough
– A loss of change to sense of smell or taste
- Tell your school immediately if your child or a member of your household received a positive test.
- Inform your school immediately if your child has been in contact with someone with COVID-19.
- Follow government guidelines on self-isolating.
- Only visit the site in person if it is essential.
- If you need to visit the site, you must:
– Not have any symptoms of COVID-19.
– Not have been in contact with a confirmed case in the last 10 days.
– Wear a face covering at all times, unless exempt under government guidelines.
– Sign in on arrival.
– Follow all local procedures.
For our Schools:
- Do our best to mitigate risks to ensure safety.
- Continue to provide exceptional education for our learners, and support the emotional wellbeing of our learners, families, and staff.
- Follow Government and Public Health England advice to protect everyone’s safety and wellbeing.
- Work closely with the local authorities to ensure a consistent and measured approach to the support of children and families.
- Clearly communicate and consult with families, staff, and other key stakeholders to seek to ease their concerns.