To make sure we can continue to educate our learners, and support the emotional wellbeing, of our learners, families, and staff, whilst always taking into account the safety of all. To achieve this, we will apply a common-sense approach to the government advice.
- be clear about our approach
- clearly communicate and consult with families, staff, and other key stakeholders to seek to ease their concerns
- try our best to mitigate risks to make sure everyone is safe
We will follow Government and Public Health England advice to protect everyone’s wellbeing and safety and we will continue to work closely with Sandwell and Dudley local authorities to make sure we have a consistent and measured approach to the support of children and families.
Three scenarios for opening/closure
We plan for 3 scenarios:
- Full opening
- Partial opening
- Lockdown for the area, or for the academy
School/Nursery is open to all year groups as normal and to staff needed to be on site to maintain services to these students. Some staff may be allowed to work from home to facilitate social distancing.
School/Nursery open to specific year groups and staff needed to maintain the services to these students. Some staff will work from home.
Schools closed to all except children of key workers, vulnerable children and staff needed to maintain the services to these students. The majority of staff will work from home.
How we are protecting staff and learners when they are in school
Our school have set up a number of measures to protect staff and learners when they are in school, these include but are not limited to:
- One way systems within the site (where possible)
- Grouping learners into bubbles
- Staggered timetables including break and lunch (particularly for larger Secondaries)
- Rigorous cleaning routines within each site
- Easy access to hand sanitisers
- Appropriate signage across each site
- Visitors must wear a face covering at all times in all of our schools, unless exempt under Government guidelines.
- In our primary schools, staff must wear face coverings when moving around the site, unless exempt under government guidelines.
- In our secondary schools, staff and students need to wear face coverings at all times indoors where a 2-metre distance cannot be maintained, unless exempt under government guidelines.
- All staff, learners and visitors will need to make sure they wash their hands often and thoroughly throughout the day.
- Hand sanitisers are available throughout the schools and everyone is encouraged to use this when entering and exiting areas and rooms.
- School facilities are subject to increased and thorough cleaning to minimise likelihood of spreading the virus.
- At all times staff, learners and families need to maintain a 2-metre distance apart where possible.
- Toilets and other communal areas will operate a one-in, one-out system.
- Where the 2-metre social distancing is not possible, e.g. looking after a child, appropriate PPE (face coverings etc) will be worn.
Read the Department for Education guidance.
- While the school site is open, we expect learners to be in school.
- Our priority is ensuring that learners are happy, safe and well so that they continue to access exceptional education.
- All visitors to our sites will be required to wear face coverings and follow any local procedures.
- When visitors entering our site, visitors will be expected to confirm they have no symptoms of COVID-19 as part of our signing in process.
- We are following Government guidance on offering lateral flow testing from January 2021.
- Lateral flow tests will be available to any staff or secondary students who are in school.
- Read more on our approach to testing.